Fabricio Werdum Had A Near Death Experience In Mexico

UFC heavyweight No. 1 Fabrico Werdum talked about how his camp was poisoned by carbon monoxide due to a faulty gasoline generator in Mexico recently. Werdum and the members of his team were only saved when Werdum’s brother woke up in the middle of the night and turned the generator off.

Werdum, his coach Rafael Cordeiro, his brother Felipe, former UFC fighter Renato “Babalu” Sobral and eight other coaches and sparring partners moved to Nevado de Toluca in Mexico for Werdum’s training camp ahead of his heavyweight title fight against champion Cain Velasquez at UFC 180 in Mexico City on Nov. 15. Heres what Werdum had to say about his near death experience:

“We were training inside the house, had dinner and went to bed,They didn’t tell us to turn that thing off before sleeping. I woke us in the middle of the night with a huge headache, nausea, and couldn’t get out of bed. Everyone was dizzy. My brother got out of his bed and managed to turn that thing off. We almost died from poisoning. The doctor said that we would have died in two hours if nobody had turned that thing off, What doesn’t kill makes you stronger, That made me stronger. We’re fine now. That was a huge scare. We almost died. Imagine the headlines: ‘Werdum moves his camp to Mexico and dies with his whole team.’ We were searching for a breath of fresh air and almost died from carbon monoxide poisoning.”

About William Smith

After watching the first Ultimate Fighting Championship I became instantly hooked. I've been a huge fan of the sport of MMA ever since. Haven't missed a UFC event & thanks to fight pass I've witnessed some of the all time greatest fighter & athletes the sport through Pride, Strikeforce, WEC, Glory, Pacrase, EliteXC.............. I resently joined MMA-paradise.com & will use this site to continue to bring the latest news from the world of MMA to all our loyal followers.