UFC President Dana White Confirms That Carlos Condit vs. Nick Diaz II is Set

Carlos Condit was prepared to sit out for several months and wait for Georges St-Pierre to heal, not anymore. Condit instead has agreed to an immediate rematch with Nick Diaz, according to tweets by UFC president Dana White on Tuesday night.

“That rematch can happen later on in the future. No one’s afraid of Nick, but we have to do what’s best for his career and in my opinion and the people around me and the advice that we’ve been taking, the best fight and the only fight is Georges St-Pierre,” Condit’s manager, Malki Kawa told MMAWeekly.com earlier in the day on Tuesday.

No details of the rematch was released, the promotion did reveal that UFC on FOX 4 is slated for August 4th in Los Angeles, CA. Fans could very well see Condit vs. Diaz II as the main event.

“I didn’t feel like it was all that close. I felt like I dominated almost every round,” said Condit following Saturday night’s initial meeting. Now we’ll get to see if he can do it again.

Cesar Gracie, posting via his Twitter account, said:

“@danawhite Nick would rematch in a heartbeat. No extra money needed. He is a true fighter and fights for his team and you fans.”

About William Smith

After watching the first Ultimate Fighting Championship I became instantly hooked. I've been a huge fan of the sport of MMA ever since. Haven't missed a UFC event & thanks to fight pass I've witnessed some of the all time greatest fighter & athletes the sport through Pride, Strikeforce, WEC, Glory, Pacrase, EliteXC.............. I resently joined MMA-paradise.com & will use this site to continue to bring the latest news from the world of MMA to all our loyal followers.